“Simply wonderful! A very fine evening of dance.”Eva Yaa Asantewaa
Wendy Osserman Dance Company is available for touring and residencies
The outstanding dancers collaborate with Osserman on choreography that appeals to all ages: “dancers cycled through solos, duets and the group, each dancing with a distinct, individual style although still easily moving harmoniously with one another, their movements appearing to flow entirely naturally from their body with a complete freedom.” — Dance Informa
Programs consist of highlights from evening-length pieces such as Combustion (click to watch video excerpt), Undermine (click to watch video excerpt) and Quick Time (click to watch video excerpt). The program can be presented with or without intermission and include a talk back following the performance.
Site specific works have been commissioned by organizations such as Friends of Hudson River Park and the Community Environmental Center at Stuyvesant Cove Park in NYC. The Company has appeared in art galleries such as EFA Project Space, Gasser and Grunert Gallery, NYC and Gallery 51, North Adams, MA. Wendy Osserman Dance Company was in residence at the Chelsea Art Museum 2006-2011 creating and performing scores responding to the art on exhibit at openings and other special events.
- “What is Choreography?” A lecture-demonstration using excerpts from the repertory and audience participation. Can be tailored for specific ages, elementary school through college.
- Improvisation and composition workshops led by Wendy Osserman. These include writing, drawing and discussion, and can focus on the creation and use of text with movement.
- “Teaching Movement with Curriculum and Curriculum with Movement” workshops using poetry, stories or myths as inspiration for making dances. Participants can be students K-2, grades 3-5, 6-8, high school ages, college students interested in teaching, or teachers.
- Master classes in modern dance, jazz, ballet, injury prevention, etc., led by Wendy and Company members
- Community Collaborations: if sufficient time and space are available, a dance piece can be choreographed for and with community members ages 7 and up. The piece would be performed during the residency.